Thursday, 12 September 2013

Birthday celebrations!

Honi woke at 8am which was good as I didn't get to sleep until 3am last night - I had so much to do, then I got knitting and time just flew. 
 
Honi was so excited, too excited to wait to open her presents so, with Daddy and his bedcovers over his head shielding his eyes from the light, she unwrapped each and every one in record time.  Harmonie was very disappointed that she didn't have any presents.  It's tough being small sometimes.  She soon got over it though.
 


She lived in her skates from the moment I set them to inline right up tot the end of the day, all the way to 9:30pm in fact.



 
In the afternoon Honi chose to go to Pizza Express.  This surprised me as I offered an indoor play area but she was set on Pizza Express, so that is where we went. 
 
Honi is so fussy with her food I was sure that she wouldn't eat anything but she did.  She loved the dough balls, they were gobbled up, she unexpectedly chose pasta in the end after all that talk about pizza.  She didn't like that in the end but helped Harmonie and I devour my pizza!  I didn't mind, I was so full after the meal I couldn't eat another thing.
 
 
 
She loved the candle they put in her dessert as it was her birthday.  I was a little sad that she didn't let me sing happy birthday - A neighbour of mine said to her later that day that she didn't blame her as that sort of thing is well embarrassing, I have to agree but I don't know if that was my little out-going-Honi's problem.  Who knows, perhaps it was.
 
We had to pop in to town for a balloon, a special Moshi Monster one and some batteries for Honi's new Operation game.  I'm sure it's noisier than the old one we used to have years ago - we had to get rid of the older one due to missing parts so I can't compare but it did seem ridiculously noisy.  Honi loved that it was noisy though and joined in with all the funny sounds which caused much laughter.

 
 
 
After playing games we got the fireworks out, well, sparklers!  Honi would have been there all night if we hadn't run out of them, then there was the CAKE. 
 
Even with a full day, packed of loads of things she wanted to do, she was still disappointed that we couldn't do everything on her list.  To be honest, we couldn't have if we tried.   
 






 
After a lovely evening walk (Honi wanted to try out her skates in an open area), Honi went to sleep smiling with her balloon floating next to her bed. 

8 comments:

  1. what a lovely day!
    I have to agree on the singing - as a child I used to burst into tears if people sang it to me... not that that stops me singing it to my lot mind ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like it much but I had to think REALLY hard to remember as it was far too long ago ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh that sounds like a lovely day for your Honi - belated Happy Birthday from us all :) What a great end too, the evening walk/skate! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My older three skate so much I want a pair of skates of my own now: I was never brave enough as a child :) x

      Delete
  3. What a lovely day! I just wanted to say that I love reading your blog: it's so inspirational to a newbie like me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you! That's fantastic to hear educatingsausages! I'm glad you've enjoyed reading it and hope you continue to enjoy it as I like to post regularly as you have probably already noticed xx

      Delete