Monday, 7 October 2013

Sunday school

Not the usual sort as in the going to church sort, although God often comes up in our daily conversations, nonetheless educational.  
 
The day started something like this: Naomi had spent the first part of her morning drawing. She draws for hours every day; she says she loves drawing so much that she keeps on going until she gets tired!  I think I have a budding artist!



After that Chiara and Naomi spent the rest of their morning designing a game on Big Little Planet and there was a little squabble about who was playing and not.  I suggested to Honi that she might like to write to her Gt. Nan and tell her about her bike.  She like the idea but wasn't confident she could do it without me. She worried about how much help she would need with spelling but I said to her to try and see how we'll she does, she might surprise herself (trying to build up confidence) do you know what? It worked! 

She surprised me by spelling nearly everything right and not getting upset when she wasn't sure but thinking about it calmly.  It was only a few sentences but we were all so proud of her and she BEAMED with joy!  My heart filled with joy also!  Ok, I was beaming too!

I was talking to someone the other day about how very lovely it is, how blessed I feel to be home educating, as I get to see each and every milestone.  The feeling you get when they achieve something new for the first time is as thrilling as watching them take their first steps or saying their first words.  I do feel so privileged.  I feel I know them all so well, I feel that I have a special relationship with each of my girls that, although not impossible, I would have found more difficult if I had put them in school.



Later Honi helped me prepare for one of the experiments we are going to be doing at science group. Contrary to what her face looks like in the photo, she loved it as always. Then ran off outside to show her Daddy how well she rides her new bike and play curbzies with him.

Chiara and Naomi helped me prepare another project for the science group, lots of cutting and a bit of maths.  So a very busy and educational day!

No comments:

Post a Comment